Re: Fragid semantics and language conneg

Jonathan Rees wrote:
> I can't get too worked up about this but I don't like muddles. It
> would be nice to have a straight story before issuing opinions on
> things like 3023bis and fragids in redirects... can anyone think of a
> fix? Looks to me - just off the cuff mind you - like the most
> parsimonious fix is to say that fragids "identify" information
> resources, abstracted over representation, with "representations"
> defined in most cases according to the fragid sections of media type
> specs - that is, reduce it to the previously unsolved problem "what is
> an information resource". E.g. if GET http://example.com/doc yields a
> representation with fragid aa "designating" an HTML element <ee/>,
> then element <ee/> is a "representation" of the secondary resource
> http://example.com/doc#aa .

Neat!  When trying to draft something for RDF [1], we tried to interpret the
fragid in terms of the conventional "view" notion, which was always going to
require a bit of artifice and squinting.   Intepreting the view in terms of a
secondary resource designation seems much cleaner.

#g
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-fragID