Re: On Web Applications, Web Architecture And Resource Identifiers

I'm a little confused by the formatting of the list in the
Conclusion section... it seems like the questions
should go in the ordered list and the answers
should go after the list, but I'm not sure;
could you clarify?

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 15:59 -0700, T.V Raman wrote:
[...]
>              2.
> 2 Conclusion
> So to conclude, let's ask the original question:
>
>      1. Given a URL, what can a user expect to be able to do with it,
>         after having dereferenced the URI?
>      2. How does the user discover what software bits he needs in
>         order to consume the received HTTP Response?
>      3. In Web 1.0 (Web of documents) the answer was simple --- HTTP
>         Response header Content-Type specified the media type, which
>         in turn specified what the recipiant needed to understand.
>      4. A recipiant who only understands mime-type text/html in this
>         example is likely to flee screaming in terror if he makes the
>         mistake of doing Show Source.
>      5. We all acknowledge that Show Source helped Web 1.0 succeed.
>      6. Q: What is the equivalent of Show Source that will help us
>         collectively take the Web to the next level?

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E