Re: ACM Queue article on Web Security

I don't understand what you mean that the thinking seems to be moving
away from policy enforcement.  Seems to me that browsers are doing
more policy enforcement with the addition of the W3C cross origin
resource sharing. http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-cors-20090317/

That is indeed in the browser, but it is about security of web resources.

Cheers,
Dave