RE: [XRI] XRI-as-Relative-URI proposal

Hello Drummond et. al.,

A couple of comments:

--

I think this chimes in a bit with Jonathan's comment. I think it might be helpful to say a little more about how the proposed http(s) bindings might use 303 and/or link-headers to provide separate identifiers for 'thing' and 'description of thing' (or indeed if that's the plan, how as Jonathan suggests, you might generate distinct for each from a given 'pure-XRI'). I'd also say that *if* the thing that the identifier denotes is a document (or more generally and information resource) it's quite in order to give a 200 response are return a webarch:represention of the resource - it's equally in order to provide indirections to descriptions that refer to other places where equivalent resources are available as well.

--

I think that it would be helpful to spell out that, from an XRI pov, the following are necessarily synonym pairs

 Public community roots
 http://boeing.com.xri.net/@boeing*example/+documents and http://oasis-open.org.xri.net/@boeing*example/+documents
 http://oasis-open.org.xri.net/@oasis!2047!22/!7 and http://boeing.com.xri.net/@oasis!2047!22/!7

 Private community roots
 http://boeing.com.xri.net/@(http://boeing.com)*example/+documents and http://oasis-open.org.xri.net/@(http://boeing.com)*example/+documents
 http://oasis-open.org.xri.net/@(https://oasis-open.org)!2047!22/!7 and http://boeing.com.org.xri.net/@(https://oasis-open.org)!2047!22/!7

and IIUC the following are not (necessarily synonym pairs):

 Proxy delegation
 http://boeing.com.xri.net/*example/+documents and  http://oasis-open.org.xri.net/*example/+documents

ie. from the examples folks may be lead to think that the oasis or boeing bits in the URI authority have to match with the oasis or boeing bits of the 'pure-XRI' authority, when IIUC they don't.
That is said more generically in the proposed bindings section, but the examples might invite a wrong conclusion.

--

BR

Stuart
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England