Re: Comments on HTML WG face to face meetings in France Oct 08

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Elliotte Harold wrote:
>>> data:text/xml,%3C?xml-stylesheet%20href=%22data:text/css,*{font-weight:bold}%22?%3E%3Croot%3Etext%20%3Couter%3Eouter%20%3Cinner%3Einner%3C/outer%3E
>>>

>> Up to the application. Feed that URL to any app you like. The app
>> defines what should be done with it. Feed it to a browser, you'll get
>> one thing. Feed it to an app that wants to do somethint else, you'll
>> get something else.
>
> That's not acceptable from my point of view, basically.

Doesn't matter. It's what happens anyway.

The idea that the document producer has any ability or right to specify
the behavior of a consuming application is a fiction. Consumers will do
with the data you send them what seems best to them.

Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA