Re: XRI vote aftermath

* Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:
>The most perplexing aspect (to me) of this whole XRI business is the
>discussion of URI schemes.  I was sure we had established that XRI is not a
>proposed URI scheme, it is something else, a higher-level identifier, or
>something (actually I don't think it has ever been definitively
>characterized in terms of its relationship to a URI scheme.)

If you look at e.g. the "XRI Resolution 2.0" specification you will find
that strings starting with "xri://" are used in places where resource i-
dentifiers as per RFC 3986/3987 are expected, like in XML namespace de-
clarations. This would only be proper if an 'xri' URI/IRI scheme was re-
gistered.