Re: Not UDP? Re: Proposed HTML ping attribute

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:42:57 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
/ "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com> was heard to say:
| language.  If you can get LinkShare, Amazon.com, Yahoo!, and
| Google (Marketing, not Engineering) to agree to use this feature
| exclusive of redirects, then it should be standardized.

That certainly seems like the right answer to me. There are clearly a
number of technical possibilities, but if the feature isn't going to
be adopted by the major players in link tracking, it hardly seems
worth spending a lot of time arguing about which solution that won't
be used should be adopted.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--