Re: Which URI should be persistent when redirects are used?

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:05:51 -0400
Cc: Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>, W3C-TAG <www-tag@w3.org>, semantic-web-ig list <semantic-web-ig.list@reuters.com>
To: wangxiao@musc.edu

As the different "representations" are served from different URIs,
which we can discover, can I assume that a web document can be both a
"resource" and a "representation" at the same time?

An if this is the case, can we therefore conclude, by your
instruction, that same document has two URIs, i.e. that URI aliasing
is a necessary consequence of content negotiation?

-Alan