Re: HTTP URIs and authority

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:19:01 +0100
To: wangxiao@musc.edu
CC: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, W3C-TAG Group WG <www-tag@w3.org>

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Unless you can come up with a *new* argument that is not already
> found in one of the following threads
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jan/0150.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Oct/0071.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Jun/0092.html
I completely agree with you on all points.  And I sincerely wish that is
also a consensus among TAG members and web community in general.  If so,
I wish them to be included in the writing of AWWW and httpRange-14.  If
not, which I feel is the case, at least from the feedback on this thread
and other mailing list, it is not a waste of time.  There is the need to
continue push this understanding to become a consensus until no question
like "is this or that an information resource?" is asked and until no
one will say that according to httpRange-14, that
"http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/PatHayes" is wrong.

Regards,

Xiaoshu