Re: HTTP URIs and authority

Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> It is apparent that you do not agree with this.Personally, I think this
> is maybe one of the most central parts of AWWW, and could not be
> emphasized enough. In any case, I don't see that the TAG has stepped
> away from this position just by deemphasizing URLs. URI allocation is
> still done by the owner.

I do agree this to certain extent. I do believe the URI owner's opinion
should carry more weight on what the URI is.  It would make a better
society we use a URI in a way that is compatible with the owner of
resource URI.

But the issue at hand is if the URI owner (but not the resource owner)
has *all* the information about the resource that the URI denotes.  I
think not.  AWWW's definition for information resource and then
httpRange-14 imply this.

Xiaoshu