links in HTTP, HTML, and Atom

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:51:06 -0500
To: www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>

A 25 Sep POWDER draft seems to assume the HTTP Link: header
will be ratified. I made a comment questioning that assumption.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2007Oct/0002.html

When Mark Nottingham said the next step is to discuss in the http list,
I said...

"I don't see what's to discuss.

Haven't we already reached the point where the burden
is on those who want something different?"
-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2007Oct/0009.html

But re-reading a 15 Oct msg of his in the http list, I see a
wide range of questions about how links, profiles, and link
relationships should work across HTTP, HTML, and Atom.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2007OctDec/0046.html

I haven't finished thinking it thru, but I'm interested to talk
about it with the TAG a bit in preparation for the W3C/IETF
liaison telcon 23 Oct.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E