RE: HTTP Endpoints and Resources

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:42:19 +0100
To: "Rhys Lewis" <rhys@volantis.com>
Cc: "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us>, "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>, "Technical Architecture Group WG" <www-tag@w3.org>

Hello Rhys,

> Hello Stuart,
>
> > No... I mean the intended (by the owner/baptiser/deployer of)
referent
> > of the URI - a webarch:Resource a.k.a  a thing.
>
> Ok, in which case there is still clear blue water between us :)

Splosh!

> >> Really? It seems to me that you have to say something about the
> >> http:resource that is identified by the racine.
> >                             ^^^^^^^^^^ Hmmmm....
> > 	"identified" meaning "referred to" or "denoted by" ?
> > or	"identified" meaning "access using" ?
> >
> > I read the former... which I take to be the webarch:Resource ie. a
> > thing referred to by the URI.
> >

> But in this particular case, (information resources referred to by
http
> URIs) my description of the process says that they are the
> same. To clarify, the webarch:resource referred to by the
> racine is an information resource and hence is the http:resource.

So why add yet another term to an already confused and confusing space?
Won't webarch:Resource or plain Thing  (and webarch:InformationResource
if you have to distinquish) serve in this case?

[Being a little picky, without having tried to poke the racine
referenced resource we know very little about it. Unless it is a given
in the scenario I don't know that it is an information resource (and
even if it 303's or 404's or something other that 200's - I won't know
from that alone whether or is not it's IR). I might expect it to be due
to the context of the reference... but I don't know.]

> Best wishes
> Rhys

Regards,

Stuart