Re: Triggering 303's (was: XML Schema draft populates the intersection ...)

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 20:09 +0200, Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> fre 2007-09-28 klockan 14:28 -0500 skrev Dan Connolly:
> >
> > (b) publishing only RDF without the HTML is pretty useful.
> > If you decide later that you want HTML, you can add it.
> > Note that it suffices to do a 303 redirect for .html;
> > you don't need to redirect in both cases. You can
> > just return the RDF in a 200 response to GET /doc .
>
> I see here the pattern
>
> <doc#term> - non-info resource
>
> <doc> -> 200 OK, RDF/XML
> <doc> -> 303 See Other, <doc.html>, HTML
>
> and
>
> <doc/term> - non-info resource
>
> <doc/term> -> 303 See Other, <doc/term.html>, HTML
> <doc/term> -> 303 See Other, <doc/term.rdf>, RDF/XML
>
> It worries me slightly that we now have a mechanism for getting RDF
> information about non-info resources, but we have no way of getting
> similar information about information resources, such as
>
> <doc> - information resource
>
> <doc> -> 200 OK, HTML
> <doc> -> 303 See Other, RDF/XML  <<==== How to trigger this?
>
> For symmetry, WebArch would be well served if there would be a
> well-defined way to trigger such "See Other" responses.

But the situation is not symmetric. The HTML spec
for fragment identifiers can (currently) only express things
about elements/anchors, while the RDF spec for
fragments is unconstrained.

In any case, configuration of HTTP servers such as Apache
is completely symmetric, as far as I know.

I don't think I understand your point/question. Perhaps you
could elaborate in more concrete terms?