RE: HTTP Endpoints and Resources

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 02:19:47 -0400
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Ed Davies" <edavies@nildram.co.uk>, "Technical Architecture Group WG" <www-tag@w3.org>

> From: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com [mailto:noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com]
>
> David Booth writes:
>
> > I think it is true for a 303, because by redirecing you
> > somewhere else, the 303 is acknowledging that there is a
> > resource associated with the URI.
>
> Are you sure?

No, I'm not sure.  It does seem like some kind of acknowledgement that
the server knows something about that URI, to know what is supposed to
be done with it, and hence that "The response to the request can be
found under a different URI and SHOULD be retrieved using a GET method
on that resource.  But it certainly isn't unambiguous.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.