RE: (Partial) review of Versioning XML

Thanks Dave, this is very helpful.  I certainly sympathize if your ISV
isn't helping to maintain stable URIs.  I must say this somewhat
strengthens my feeling that it would be worth shadowing postings like this
in the W3C archive, and linking TAG discussion to that, and perhaps to the
Pacific Spirit copies as well.  That way, when we go back to the archives
of TAG discussions, we'll have confidence that the referenced materials
will be available.  I think it may (not sure) also clarify any copyright
or IP issues relating to the ability of others to include pieces of your
posting in further discussions.

I guess I'm saying that while I certainly recognize the value of private
blogs, I think that substantive W3C discussion is best held on W3C mailing
lists.  I've held that opinion for awhile, but finding that these links
are breaking, and that there's real risk that more will break in future,
seems to increase the importance somewhat.  Thanks!

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street