Re: interesting hash in URLs

I believe it isn't that horrible... except for the fact that, to non-
browsers, http://www.cnn.com/video/ appears as a single resource. I
think this is the (very) criticizable part.

I have done recently a more constrained example where the internal
part was used to jump inside the video. The whole day's workshop is
here:
    http://www.openmath.org/meetings/linz2007/movies/day-1.html
and you can jump right on a speaker.
I see no other methods, except duplicate the page or split the video,
to actually reference a jump to the right speaker except with the
hash as in:
    http://www.openmath.org/meetings/linz2007/movies/day-1.html#Klaus

As long as one accepts the idea that this is a single resource (the
"whole recordings") it is good style.

paul