Re: Flickr uses namespaces. or 'machine tags'. or NOT.

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:24:27 +0900
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

Le 16 févr. 2007 à 22:59, Chris Lilley a écrit :
>> 1) A "namespace" :
>>
>> Namespaces MUST begin with any character between a - z; remaining
>> characters MAY be a - z, 0 - 9 and underbars. Namespaces are
>> case-insensitive.
>
> Note the lack of a URI anywhere in this description.
>
> So in conclusion - they don't use namespaces at all. But they have a
> registry of colon-separated prefixes, which may or may not conflict
> with other peoples usage.

In http://www.flickr.com/groups/api/discuss/72157594497877875/

# Are machine tag namespaces reserved?

No. Anyone can use a namespace for anything they want.

If you are concerned about colliding namespaces you should consider
adding an additional machine tag to define your namespace. For example :

dc:subject=tags
xmlns:dc=http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/

Like tags, in general, we expect (hope?) that the community will
develop its own standards by consensus over time.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***