Re: [httpRange-14] What is an Information Resource?

On tis, 2007-12-18 at 02:16 -0800, Pat Hayes wrote:
> >On tis, 2007-12-18 at 01:58 -0800, Pat Hayes wrote:
> >>  There is no such thing, I suggest, as
> >>  a webarch:representation of an RDF graph, just as
> >>  there is no such thing as one of the number zero
> >>  or the fourth moon of Jupiter.
> >

> >If I can't faithfully represent the number 0 using a message, I don't
> >know of anything I can faithfully represent.
>
> Which is why I think the 'faithfully represent'
> criterion is incorrect. I think it was meant to
> capture a case like the HTML case, where what is
> transmitted is pretty much an exact copy of the
> resource itself, but to be generalized to cases
> like scripted HTML, a reduced image, a webcam or
> a clock, etc.. ; but that cases like numbers and
> RDF graphs are in fact counterexamples which show
> that the criterion as stated isn't in fact
> adequate to capture the intended intuitions.

I can't for the world see how numbers and RDF graphs can fall into the
same category. But let's stay with RDF graphs....

FWIW, an HTML page is a set of tags, organized in a tree. What makes
that different from an RDF graph? I

I'd like some of that "intuition" too :-/

/Mikael