Re: Short namespace URIs for W3C TRs available

Ian - a late comment, I know.  Just tossing it out there ...

On 9/6/06, Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> As before, a trailing "/" MAY be used and does not require Director
> approval.

It seems to me that the lack of a standard approach there may lead to
confusion, as for each short name an author would also have to
remember whether it also needed the trailing slash or not.

I think it would be better for the spec to pick an option, and say it
SHOULD be used, e.g. "A trailing slash SHOULD be used, but choosing
not to use one does not require Director approval".

I don't have any strong opinions on which option should be used,
though I suppose having no slash is cleaner, saves a character, and is
consistent with existing W3C namespace naming practice (last time I
looked).

Cheers,

Mark.