Re: New TAG issue: TagSoupIntegration-54

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Can you help me find one that shows IE exhibiting this non-tree
> behavior?

The series of my blog posts on this matter is:

   http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1037910467&count=1
   http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1137740632&count=1
   http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1138169545&count=1
   http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1155195074&count=1
   http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1158969783&count=1

The first and third posts mention the non-tree DOM thing.

> Are there other good sources of tests for this sort of thing?

Experimenting with different markup in:

   http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/

...is how most of my research was done. There are some tests here:

   http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/html/parsing/

...but I haven't checked them for compliance against the HTML5 parser
specification:

   http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#parsing

...so they might need extensive "interpretation" to be useful. I am aware
of other sets of tests, but they are implementation specific and would
take more time to understand and convert than simply writing a whole new
set of tests. In practice, we'll need several thousand tests when we
eventually write the test suite for this.

HTH,