Re: New TAG issue: TagSoupIntegration-54

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 20:50 +0100, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:12:11 +0100, Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
> wrote:
> > This is the direction my thoughts have been going as well. I believe
> > all the major browsers expose the HTML that they are displaying as a
> > DOM tree for scripting and styling. The DOM tree, by its very nature,
> > is well formed, so each browser is, in fact, employing some algorithm
> > for converting tag soup into a tree.
>
> This is at least not true for Internet Explorer.
>

> > If they all employed the same algorithm, and the algorithm was
> > documented, we could at least have interoperable understanding of what
> > the tag soup "means".
>
> The implementations are certainly not interoperable, as should be clear
>  from a number of blog posts made by Ian Hickson who studied the matter.

OK, I see, for example...

Tag Soup: appendChild() of a script that calls document.write()
http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1155195074&count=1

Can you help me find one that shows IE exhibiting this
non-tree behavior?

Are there other good sources of tests for this sort of thing?

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E