Re: XBL Namespace uses the data: scheme

T.V. Raman writes:

> I know that Firefox uses the data:xxx stream for inlined images,
> and it is a fairly big performance win in that case for small
> inlined images.

Sure.  I wasn't implying that the data scheme is a mistake in all cases,
just questioning the wisdom of using it for namespace names.  Sounds like
the XBL folks are likely to change to http anyway, in which case this is a
nonissue.  I'm glad I brought it up, and I'm glad the pertinent group was
already planning what I consider to be a 100% appropriate resolution to
the concern.  I suggest we leave it alone.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Jun/0133.html

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation