Re: XBL Namespace uses the data: scheme

Ann van Kesteren writes:

> Does that really matter for pre-CR drafts? The plan is to
> eventually move
> to something like http://www.w3.org/2006/xbl as I understand it.

Well, speaking for myself and not necessarily for the rest of the TAG, I
think that would completely resolve the concern.

> Does that really matter for pre-CR drafts?

Well, the purpose of working drafts is to invite comments early in the
process, when they are presumably easier to deal with than later.  So, in
my opinion, it's a good thing in principle if drafts give some signal as
to which areas are deemed stable and which are likely to change, exactly
so that reviewers know to tread lightly when commenting on material that's
not likely to survive.  I understand that in practice such distinctions
aren't always easy to convey.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the plan in this case is to move to an http
URI.  Thanks for the quick response.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street