Re: Agenda of 3 January 2006 TAG teleconference

> Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > [David Baron wrote:]
> > I think the answer to this question is no, since the current last call
> > documents deal only with combining documents by reference.
>
> That's the impression I'm getting from other sources too.
>
> So this item should be quick.

You're probably right.  Then again, I think there's a point of view that
even when the piece parts are combined by reference, the overall semantic
of the document results from the combination, just as it does when
combining by nesting (inclusion).  As I understand it, CDF is on a path to
saying that event propagation, layout, etc. are essentially the same in
the two cases.   That symmetry gives me some pause.

I think both points of view have merit, but perhaps it's worth just a bit
of discussion before concluding that the CDF 'by reference' work has no
bearing on the TAG issue.  I'm not quite sure where I personally would
draw the line.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation