Re: [Agenda] 26 Apr 2004 TAG teleconf (AC mtg, TAG Charter, TLDs, Safe WSDL, Arch Doc LC)

Paul,

I understand you don't want the TAG to make a decision on this without
you being there. We might want to discuss timing. A problem however is
that according to
http://www.icann.org/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-application-parta
-15dec03.htm
"30 April 2004 11:59 UTC - Public Comment closes on Part B"

So if the TAG were to support a comment it would have to be done
rapidly.
Either that, or those who want to take issue with the new domains
should do so individually.  Of course the TAG in consensus has much
more weight.

I'd note that in fact the .mobile proposal mentions Microsoft, Sun and
HP among others, so there may be people in the TAG who want to find out
why there company is supporting .mobile
http://www.mtldinfo.com/companies.aspx
http://www.icann.org/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/mobi.htm

What I *haven't* found is a good white paper explaining the benefits of
the TLD.
The proposal makes vague reference to "easing the user experience"
which doesn't tell one anything really.

Tim BL