W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2003

RE: [Agenda] 24 Mar 2003 TAG teleconf (IRIEverywhere-27, URIEquivalence-15, xmlIDSemantics-32, contentTypeOverride-24)

From: Paul Cotton <pcotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:41:38 -0500
Message-ID: <E7AC4500EAB7A442ABA7521D18814397063247BE@tor-msg-01.northamerica.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>

Given the number of outstanding items on this agenda can the TAG agree
to extend this call by at least 30 minutes?

>   2.1 New Issues?
> 
>      * See input from Jonathan Marsh ([13]forwarded by Paul Cotton);
>        related to # rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
> 
>      [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0207.html

Please add [13a] to this discussion.

>          8. See [19]PC's email on feedback from Tech Plenary

Please add [19a] to this discussion

/paulc

[13a] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0063.html [Member only]
[19a]
http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Plenary-Minutes.html#Session3 

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada 
17 Eleanor Drive, Nepean, Ontario K2E 6A3 
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329 
mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com

  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ian B. Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
> Sent: March 20, 2003 9:52 AM
> To: www-tag@w3.org
> Subject: [Agenda] 24 Mar 2003 TAG teleconf (IRIEverywhere-27,
> URIEquivalence-15, xmlIDSemantics-32, contentTypeOverride-24)
> 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> The agenda for the 24 Mar 2003 TAG teleconf is
> available as HTML [1] and text below.
> 
>  - Ian
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2003/03/24-tag.html
> 
> ==================================================
> 
>                    Agenda for 24 Mar 2003 TAG teleconference
> 
>    Nearby: [4]Teleconference details * [5]issues list * [6]www-tag
>    archive
> 
>       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
>       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist
>       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
> 
>    Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of
>    business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.
> 
> 1. Administrative (30min)
> 
>     1. Confirm Chair, Scribe. Regrets: TBL. At risk: CL
>     2. Accept [7]17 Feb telecon minutes?
>     3. Accept this [8]agenda?
>     4. Next meeting: 31 March?
> 
>       [7] http://www.w3.org/2003/03/17-tag-summary.html
>       [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/03/24-tag.html
> 
>   1.1 Meeting planning
> 
>      * The TAG will strive to organize a virtual meeting shortly after
>        the WWW Conference.
>        Action TBL 2003/03/17: Propose June dates (after 4 June).
[Also,
>        some willingness also to meet before May confs]
>      * Proposed 14-15 Nov Japan
>      * If confirmed, IJ to ask Member calendar to be updated.
>      * Upcoming discussions:
>           + The TAG expects to discuss its [9]W3C track presentation
>             early-April.
>           + The TAG expects to discuss its presentation to the AC
>             mid-April.
> 
>       [9] http://www2003.org/t_www.htm
> 
>   1.2 Mailing list management
> 
>      * Incorporate some [10]proposed text from Stuart Williams into
the
>        [11]tips on communicating with the TAG.
>        Completed action IJ 2003/03/17: Incorporate said text. Then,
>        action SW: Send msg to www-tag drawing people's attention to
>        revised text. (Done by IJ's message?)
>      * Create a new list (public-tag-announce) for announcements of
>        meeting minutes, meeting summaries, findings, new issues,
resolved
>        issues, and drafts of architecture documents.
>        Completed action IJ 2003/03/17: Request list setup; update TAG
>        home page. ([12]Done). PC has requested that list be announced
to
>        AC/Chairs/TP list.
>      * IJ wishes to confirm that (1) all mail goes to www-tag and (2)
cc
>        some messages to public-tag-announce
> 
>      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0053.html
>      [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/#tag-attn
>      [12]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Mar/0047.html
> 
> 2. Technical (60min)
> 
>   2.1 New Issues?
> 
>      * See input from Jonathan Marsh ([13]forwarded by Paul Cotton);
>        related to # rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
> 
>      [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0207.html
> 
>   2.2 Architecture document
> 
>    See also: [14]findings.
>     1. [15]21 Feb 2003 Editor's Draft of Arch Doc:
>          1. Action IJ 2003/03/17: Draft a new hybrid that incorporates
>             intro of 6 Feb draft into 21 Feb version.
>          2. Action DC 2003/02/06: Attempt a redrafting of 1st para
under
>             [16]2.2.4 of 6 Feb 2003 draft
>          3. Action DC 2003/01/27: write two pages on correct and
>             incorrect application of REST to an actual web page design
>          4. Action DO 2003/01/27: Please send writings regarding Web
>             services to tag@w3.org. DO grants DC license to cut and
paste
>             and put into DC writing.
>          5. Action CL 2003/0127: Draft language for arch doc that
takes
>             language from internet media type registration, propose
for
>             arch doc, include sentiment of TB's second sentence from
>             CP10.
>          6. Action TB 2003/01/27: Develop CP11 more: Avoid designing
new
>             protocols if you can accomplish what you want with HTTP.
DC
>             suggested describing GET/PUT/POST in a para each, then say
>             "if your app looks like that, use HTTP". [17]Proposal from
TB
>             to withdraw the proposal.
>          7. Action DC 2003/03/17: : Write some text for interactions
>             chapter of arch doc related to [18]message passing, a dual
of
>             shared state.
>          8. See [19]PC's email on feedback from Tech Plenary
> 
>      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
>      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/webarch-20030221
>      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/webarch-20030206#uri-use
>      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0005
>      [18]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Mar/0018.html
>      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0050.html
> 
>   2.3 Issues the TAG intends to discuss
> 
>      * [20]IRIEverywhere-27
>           + Action CL/IJ 2003/03/17: Send edited piece that CL/MD/IJ
>             wrote to www-tag. Deadline 24 Mar
>      * [21]URIEquivalence-15
>           + See [22]draft 4. See also [23]email from Larry Masinter on
>             xml namespaces.
>           + Completed action TBL 2003/01/20: Send email to uri@w3.org
>             requesting terminology change (regarding definition of
>             "URI"). ([24]Done)
>      * [25]xmlIDSemantics-32
>           + Status of Chris Lilley draft finding in this area?
>      * [26]contentTypeOverride-24
>           + See [27]email from DC to Voice Browser WG. Does this
resolve
>             this issue?
>      * Updates or reports on other issues?
> 
>      [20]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
>      [21]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
>      [22] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4.html
>      [23]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0090.html
>      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2003Jan/0005.html
>      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlIDSemantics-32
>      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-
> summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
>      [27]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0085.html
> 
>   2.4 Issues that have associated action items
> 
>      * [28]xlinkScope-23
>           + Status report?
>           + Completed action SW 2003/03/17: Draft note for TAG review
of
>             comments to two CGs on the tone of today's discussion.
>             ([29]Done)
>      * [30]siteData-36
>           + Action TBL 2003/02/24 : Summarize siteData-36
>      * [31]namespaceDocument-8
>           + Next steps on [32]RDDL Proposal from Tim Bray/Paul Cotton
>      * [33]xmlFunctions-34
>           + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
>             XML Core work. See [34]email from TimBL capturing some of
the
>             issues.
>      * [35]binaryXML-30
>           + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts
on
>             adding to survey.
>           + Next steps to finding? See [36]summary from Chris.
>      * [37]contentPresentation-26
>           + Action CL 2003/02/06: Create a draft finding in this
space.
>             Deadline 3 March.
>      * [38]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
>           + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
>             desideratum ([39]RQ-23).
>      * [40]uriMediaType-9
>           + Action DC 2003/02/06: Start discussion on
>             discuss@apps.ietf.org, but not urgent
>      * [41]HTTPSubstrate-16
>           + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking
whether
>             the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is
intended
>             to be excluded from RFC 3205
>           + See [42]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
>      * [43]errorHandling-20
>           + Action CL 2003/02/06: Write a draft finding on the topic
of
>             (1) early/late detection of errors (2) late/early binding
(3)
>             robustness (4) definition of errors (5) recovery once
error
>             has been signaled. Deadline first week of March.
>      * [44]metadataInURI-31
>           + Action SW 2003/02/06: Draft finding for this one.
>      * [45]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
>          1. Connection to content negotiation?
>          2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
>          3. No actions associated / no owner.
> 
>      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#xlinkScope-23
>      [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0075.html
>      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#siteData-36
>      [31]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#namespaceDocument-8
>      [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0213
>      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
>      [34]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0309.html
>      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
>      [36]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
>      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-
> summary.html#contentPresentation-26
>      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-
> summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
>      [39]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
>      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
>      [41]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
>      [42]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
>      [43]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#errorHandling-20
>      [44]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
>      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
> 
> 3. Other actions
> 
>      * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
>        actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. IJ is working with
>        PLH on this. Revisit this end of April.
> 
>      _________________________________________________________________
> 
> 
>     Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
>     Last modified: $Date: 2003/03/20 14:46:17 $
> 
> --
> Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Thursday, 20 March 2003 12:42:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:55:58 UTC