Re: Information resources

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:02:07 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

Dan Connolly writes;
> While URIs can, in general, be used to refer to any sort of
> resource, the case of an *information resource*, that is, one
> for which Web protocols provide representations, is particularly
> relevant to the structure of the Web:

My issue with that text is that it suggests that Web protocols can't
provide representations of resources which are not "information
resources", which seems to beg the question in favour of the
range of http URIs being documents/ConceptualWorks.

I prefer TimBr's original proposal[1] as it seems to be a reasonable
compromise between the two positions, talking about the "information
resource" view, but qualifying it with the word "perceived".

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0377.html

Mark.