RE: resources and URIs

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <clbullar@ingr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:29:36 -0500
To: "'Norman Walsh'" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>, www-tag@w3.org

Nicely vague but operationally meaningless and that is
what a lot of people are having problems with.  Saying
a resource is the side of the bus that the URI is printed
on plus anything else printed there, or that a Ford Galaxy
or a Ford Falcon are resources 'on the web' makes the
web equal to the knowable universe.

That buys us exactly nothing at the cost of Boltzman entropy.

len

From: Norman Walsh [mailto:Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM]

I don't see how these definitions can possibly help, but I think
they're consistent and I think I believe them.

resource = anything at all: real, imaginary, conceptual, fantastical, or
mundane