Re: Clarifying what a URL identifies (Four Uses of a URL)

At 12:36 PM 1/21/2003 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
 > This looks like fodder for issue 14
 >  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#httpRange-14

Yes

 > which the TAG has agreed to defer; i.e. not discuss any more.

I interpret "defer" to mean "address later" -- not drop permanently.  I'm
hoping my contribution will be helpful in (eventually) closing the issue.

 > If there's new information in here, i.e. if this
 > is a request to re-open that issue, I don't
 > see it (though I haven't looked all that hard.)

No, it's more of an attempt to crystallize the issue.

 > Or is it a request for a new issue?

No.

 > Or is there proposed text for the architecture document in here somewhere?

Not yet anyway.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard