Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] CLOSED: Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName?

Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com> writes:

> On Dec 3, 2003, at 7:48 AM, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <root xmlns:p="http://www.example.org/">
>> </root>
>>
>> Now, just what Web Resource does the QName 'p:title' identify?
>
> None, because it is not a URI and there's not a canonical way of
> mapping it to a URI.

So just to be sure we're on the same page, do you agree with DanC that
this means that the way in which XML 1.0 plus Namespaces makes use of
QNames is inconsistent with the principles of Web Architecture?

If so, isn't that a bit of an embarrassment, at least?

ht
                      Half-time member of W3C Team