[Agenda] 9 September TAG teleconf


A draft agenda for the 9 September 2002 TAG teleconference
is available as HTML [1] and as text below.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/09-tag

Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447


    [1]W3C [2]| TAG | Previous: [3]30 Aug | Next: 16 Sep

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2002/08/30-tag-summary

                 Agenda for 9 September 2002 TAG teleconference

    Nearby: [4]Teleconference details  [5]issues list  [6]www-tag

       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist
       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

    Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of
    business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

     1. Confirm scribe and Chair (SW)
     2. Roll call. Regrets: IJ
     3. Accept [7]30 Aug minutes
     4. Accept this [8]agenda
     5. Next meeting? Proposed 16 Sep.

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2002/08/30-tag-summary
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/09-tag

   1.2 Completed actions?

      * Action TB 2002/08/30: Draft a finding for deepLinking-25. 
      * Action IJ 2002/09/26: Work CL language into "TAG Finding: 
        Media Type registration, consistency of use". Ping PC to let him
        know (since he has some text to change as well). [10]Done.
      * Action PC 2002/07/08: Propose alternative cautionary wording for
        finding regarding IANA registration. Refer to "How to Register a
        Media Type with IANA (for the IETF tree)." Subsumed by IJ 
        PC to confirm language addresses his concerns.

       [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0007.html
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0018.html

2. Technical (75min)

   2.3 Findings in progress, architecture document (30min)

    See also: [11]findings.
     1. Findings in progress:
          1. [12]deepLinking-25
                o Review [13]proposal from Tim Bray.
          2. [14]Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use.
                o Review IJ's [15]proposed changes to [16]finding. Does
                  this change close issue [17]RFC3023Charset-21?
     2. [18]Architecture document
          1. Action DC 2002/08/12: Ask www-tag for volunteers to 
work with
             TAG (and possibly IETF) on HTTP URI stuff; CRISP. [This
             action supersedes the previous action: Ask IESG when IETF
[            decided not to use HTTP URIs to name protocols.] [19]Sent.
             Awaiting reply.
          2. Action TBL: 2002/07/15: Create a table of URI properties.
                o Is this still relevant given current state of Arch

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#deepLinking-25
      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0007.html
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0018.html
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RFC3023Charset-21
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0813-archdoc
      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Aug/0196.html

   2.2 Priority issues (45min)

     1. [20]xlinkScope-23
          1. Action CL 2002/08/30: Request that the HTML WG to publish
             their recent work related to linking (through HTML CG, 
WG, or
             whatever works)
     2. [21]uriMediaType-9:
           + Action DC 2002/08/30: Write a draft Internet Draft based on
             this finding (Deadline 30 Sep). This action probably 
             the action on TBL to get a reply from the IETF on the TAG
     3. Status of [22]URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of
        the Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on [23]URI
        canonicalization and [24]email from Martin in particular. 
See more
        [25]comments from Martin.
          1. Action DC 2002/08/30: Redraft section 2.2.1 of Arch 
             to address this issue.
          2. Action CL 2002/08/30: Ask Martin Duerst for suggestions for
             good practice regarding URI canonicalization issues, 
such as
             %7E v. &7e and suggested use of lower case.
     4. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query
           + ACTION DO 2002/06/24: Contact WSDL WG about this issue
             (bindings, query strings and schemas) to ensure that 
it's on
             their radar. See [26]discussions from 24 Jun TAG teleconf.

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xlinkScope-23
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#uriMediaType-9
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#URIEquivalence-15
      [23] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html#canonicalization
      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002May/0161
      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0275.html
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/24-tag-summary.html#wsa-get

   2.3 New issues?

      * Use of frags in SVG v. in XML
           + Action DC 2002/09/26: Describe this issue in more 
detail for
             the TAG.


     Ian Jacobs, for TimBL
     Last modified: $Date: 2002/09/04 15:58:05 $

Received on Wednesday, 4 September 2002 12:18:00 UTC