Re: Why not XHTML+RDF? was Re: Links are links

Jonathan Borden wrote:
> Paul Prescod wrote:
> Why not just use XHTML+RDF, and the HTML WG develop a particular terminology
> which expresses its needs?

RDF has the same problem that XLink does in that its syntax is generally
very invasive. Of course one can interpret almost any XML "as" RDF but
if RDF processors will not recognize it then what is the point? If RDF
clears up its relationship with what Dan Brickley calls "colloquial
XML"[1] then I think that it would have a strong case as a replacement
for XLink. I notice that Dan used the term as far back as two years
ago![2] Perhaps now is the time!

  Paul Prescod

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2002Sep/0114.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Sep/0105.html