RE: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName in RDF Model?

Well. The XML namespaces recommendation allows URI references.

> > Proposal:
> >
> > define a new schema like "qn:" and map
> >
> > 	(uriref, name)
> >
> > to something like
> >
> > 	qn:uri-escaped-utf8(name):uri-escaped(uriref)
>
> The enormous cost of deploying new URI schemes has been talked about
> here (and elsewhere) before.  I would recommend that we look for
> solutions that reuse the HTTP scheme, and only consider a new one as a
> last resort.

XML namespace names in URI schemes other than HTTP are very common. So we
need to clarify whether it's a requirement to map those QNames as well. I
think if we don't, this mapping isn't generic, and there's little value in
discussing it here...