Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName in RDF Model?

Julian Reschke wrote:

> > I believe that a namespace is a resource, not a document fragment, and
> > as such, should be identified by a URI, not a URI reference.
>
> Well. The XML namespaces recommendation allows URI references.

True, but are there any widely 'deployed' XML Namespaces which are in fact
full URI references i.e. have a non-null fragment-id?

> XML namespace names in URI schemes other than HTTP are very common. So we
> need to clarify whether it's a requirement to map those QNames as well. I
> think if we don't, this mapping isn't generic, and there's little value in
> discussing it here...

Having looked at this issue, there certainly are corner cases which will
'break' any algorithm, however, having an algorithm that covers the 80/20
point, is IMHO, far better than nothing. That is to say, partial progress is
still progress.

Jonathan