RE: Potential new issue: PSVI considered harmful

You seem to have mixed up threads from XML-DEV and the WWW-TAG.

1.) W3C XML Schema has the notion of lax vs. strict validation. Our
documentation for MSXML was not explicit about when we did did the
latter vs. the former. If anything this is indicates a breakdown in
communication between our devs and our doc people and is not an
indictment of W3C XML Schema.

2.) This is from a thread on XML-DEV I'd rather continue that there and
not clutter the WWW-TAG list. However since you've caricatured my
position I will clarify what I stated and I quote

"Most of the arguments about the complexity of W3C XML Schema for the
average end user don't apply to Internet protocols. After all, how many
regular users look at SOAP messages or HTTP requests?".

How this translates to no one will read W3C XML schemata escapes me.

3.) Ditto.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Any philosophy that can be put into a nutshell belongs there.

rights.