Re: Potential new issue: PSVI considered harmful

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:20:24 -0700
To: www-tag@w3.org

Biron,Paul V wrote:

> The first question that comes to mind is: without some form of schema
> processings, how is the type information to be obtained?  Without an answer
> to that question I don't know how to evaluate the merits of the remainder of
> the outline finding....

I think the important thing is to specify the augmented infoset so that
XQuery can use it.  Schema validation is one (extremely heavyweight) way
  to produce it.  One of the lessons of the Web is that once you specify
a representation for something, people will build new surprising and
often useful ways to generate it.  -Tim