RE: [Finding] Using Qualified Names (QNames) as Identifiers in Co ntent

I do not believe that the UDDI schema centric C18N is relevant to the QNAME
point.

The issue with the schema centric C18N is in my view quite different and is
due to the particular way in which .NET manages XML data which attempts to
require as little effort as possible on behalf of the programmer.

If one is using a programming framework which supports metadata (i.e. Open
Genera and .NET) you are going to want to build your XML serialization code
using reflection, you certainly do not want to put an additional burden on
the user of requiring them to annotate their data structures to state which
prefix to use for a namespace.

Another area where the need for schema centric C18N is very clear is in the
composition of XML documents from fragments generated independently.

Finaly I read the architecture board's statement quite differently, they
state that they are not going to consider change on that particular topic as
the legacy usage is significant. I read that as stating that they have not
engaged in a comprehensive examination of the issue because it is moot.

		Phill