RE: TB16 Re: Comments on arch doc draft

If there is a history of making short-term decisions
that later have to be reversed or extended to cope,
then perhaps the lesson learned is to slow down on
this one, which appears to be quite fundamental, and
consider it carefully.

This is perhaps why the original authors of the
XML Namespaces specification punted the question
away into 'silence' and are now comfortable with
changing that to "SHOULD" as a minimal approach
to getting documents for namespaces integrated
into documents that use them.   I'm not sure
why that is needed given a history of working
with data dictionaries, but then, I don't exchange
those blindly (in fact, we restrict their dissemination
by rigorous means) or information based on them.

Dependencies such as the one you have noted may
be just one.  Are there others?

I am satisfied that my concerns are to be met
elsewhere.  RDF isn't one of them, so I leave
this to the architects.  Thanks to all for
considering these concerns, though.

len

From: Patrick Stickler [mailto:patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

On 2002-07-03 17:56, "ext Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
wrote:

> ... and the question
> is, does the decision to insist on dereferencing
> make that easier or harder.

Easier for some in the short term, harder for most
over the long term, IMMHO.