Re: TB16 Re: Comments on arch doc draft

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>>I stand by my concerns in regards anybody who has high-value reference
>>information which would increase the usability of their offering and
>>declines to make it part of webspace.
>
> You do not deal with high security information or systems that must
> produce and maintain it, or policies that govern such systesm.
> You are not competent to make that call.

In fact I have done business both with Fort Meade and the OSD and I
understand something of those issues.  If you send me XML to process,
and you put that XML in a namespace, and you give the namespace a name
that makes it impossible for me to dereference it to help figure out
your data, I'm going to be annoyed.  Even if it only says something like
"The contents of elements in this namespace are encrypted and must be
maintained in canonical form" or "For more information about this data
call (703) 482-0623 and ask for Ernie" that is much better than nothing.
  We're trying to write rules for data that's out there on the Web. -Tim