RE: what's wrong with using XML Schema/HTML/RDF to document namespaces?

The question you should first ask yourself is "What is the purpose of
namespace documents?". I suggest reading Tim Bray's 14 theses of
namespace documents at http://www.textuality.com/tag/Issue8.html
particularly focusing on points 7, 10,12,13 and 14.

Tim has already made good arguments as to why a schema (not just one
conforming to the W3C XML Schema recommendation) is not the most
desirable document to use as a namespace document. From my perspective,
the clamor for namespace documents has always been about human readable
documents available at "design time", a schema of any sort does not fit
the bill especially not a W3C XML Schema document. I wouldn't mind
seeing documentation based on a schema such as the output of XS3P
(http://titanium.dstc.edu.au/xml/xs3p/) the results of GETing an
namespace document.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Freedom is the right to be wrong not the right to do wrong.

rights.