Re: XML-* [was: ... XML subsetting...]

>From: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
>Regarding the proposal to prohibit recursive entities:
>
>Other than some concerns about the rate at which we introduce any
>incompatible changes into XML, I think this is a sound idea that deserves
>serious consideration.  Speaking for myself, it probably eliminates some
>of the concerns about denial of service in particular.

I'd originally offered four possibilities:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Dec/0092.html

Is option 3 being discussed most because it is the easiest to implement?  Or
is it because it is easiest to understand?

I think all of the options are worth thinking about, but I could be wrong.
Tell me why.  :)

<snip>
>Bottom line:  I suggest that insofar as SOAP's experiences are the issue,
<snip>
>today.  I do think we'll find that eliminating recursive entities does not
>eliminate all the concerns that raise issues for SOAP.   Thanks.

I agree, specific to SOAP, however, my initial discomfort was in the
discussion of removing entities from future versions of XML, which I -do-
still feel strongly about.

Thanks,
  Jeremy Dunck