Re: SOAP's prohibiting use of XML internal subset

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> It may be good to start out by separating
> the notions of subset (a proper subset of U{XML})
> and profile (a cross-product of subsets of U{XML}).

Hey, my stake is on the ground on this one: check out
http://www.textuality.com/xml/xmlSW.html - the right answer is

      XML1.1
      - DTDs (& hence entities)
+namespaces
   + Infoset
  + xml:base
      XML-SW

Which *nobody* will need to subset and *anybody* can build on (with the
sole exception of the MathML people, who are stuck with XML 1.* forever
because they want names for all their special characters).

However, it may be the case that not everyone will immediately say "hey
you got it right Tim, argument over."  Hard though it may be to believe,
people may disagree about what should go in XML-NG. -Tim