RE: [namespaceDocument-8]: format for machine readable content

Stuart,

Perhaps what the TAG should do on issues that require new or changes to
existing specifications is to proceed to create proof-of-concepts, and then
hand the work over to another WG.  In this case, XML Core seems a likely
place to go.

A Process along the lines of:
1. Here's the principles of the web as we see them, including a particular
delta.
2. Here's a POC of a solution to the delta
3. Can you (XML Core) do the work of making this into a "real"
specification?
4. We (TAG) volunteer to have at least some of us work with you on this.

My biggest concern is that I don't think the TAG should be precluded from
writing syntax.  IMHO, that would be a terrible mistake.

But the process I suggested about would address the fact that some group is
going to have to do the real work and ongoing maintenance.

From a process perspective, I don't see the difference between an
Architecture Recommendation and a Recommendation.  It seems that the
difference is that an Architecture Recommendation has a broader scope.  So
Namespaces itself would be considered an Architecture Recommendation - we
seem to believe that Namespaces is a fundamental principle.

Cheers,
Dave