Re: Draft agenda of meeting 8 April

Tim,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>
To: "'www-tag'" <www-tag@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 3:27 PM
Subject: Draft agenda of meeting 8 April

>    TBL [32]2002/04/01 4 Apr
>    Find someone in W3C Team or RDF world to draft comments on RDF+HTML
>    for namespace documents TBL

I read the 1 April 2002 summary of the RDDL/RDF issue in which you discussed
using RDF to contain the information RDDL seeks to provide. The XML Package
(XPackage) specification (of which I am currently the editor) of the Open
eBook Forum does exactly that. See the XPackage example of RDDL information
contained in the latest specification:

http://www.xpackage.org/specification/

XPackage is an RDF-based generic packaging specification which, among other
things, replaces the RDDL syntax for namespace descriptions, associates
stylesheets with XML documents, provides metadata, provides fallback
information, and a lot more---all while being 100% RDF-compliant (and even
XLink-compliant when providing physical locations).

I believe XPackage should be considered as an alternative syntax for the
information RDDL seeks to describe. Please let me know if you have any other
questions that I can answer, and let me know what other information I can
provide.

Sincerely,

Garret Wilson
President, GlobalMentor, Inc.