Re: Proposal: <star> element

Even without the inner radius setting, you can still produce a vast array
of star variants.  Here are a few more samples:

http://paullebeau.com/svg2/star/star04.svg
http://paullebeau.com/svg2/star/star05.svg
http://paullebeau.com/svg2/star/star06.svg

It is really only the star forms with very small inner radii that you can't
reproduce.  I don't think that would be a huge loss.
Editors like Inkscape that have a feature for producing these sort of
shapes will probably generate the paths themselves
anyway and not use any new element.  I see it primarily as a useful tool
for people hand editing SVG or using libraries
like d3.

Or perhaps these extreme stars could be created using a different new
element that generated shapes with rotational
and axial symmetry.

As for rounding, I considered it also, but excluded it for simplicity.
 Also because I have a desire for a stroke/path effects
feature that would be more general.  Something like Android's
CornerPathEffect<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/CornerPathEffect.html>
.

Paul