Re: Outlines for new Implementation guide documents for Core (previously WAI-ARIA), HTML 5.1, and SVG2

Hi Richard,

(2014/01/17 21:57), Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> It is not terrible but if we do allow role on every element in SVG it
> will often be for not as there will be no mapping to platform
> accessibility services.

Right, but that's the true regardless of whether SVG2 allows the
attributes or not.

As far as I can tell, it will only make a difference if the author looks
at the spec, sees that role is permitted on <desc> and then assumes some
mapping. Or, alternatively, if they use a validator tool that might
otherwise have alerted them that 'role' is not permitted on <desc>.

I think both are unlikely and easy to workaround if necessary.

It probably doesn't matter a whole lot but unless there's a strong
reason not to, allowing the attributes everywhere seems to me to be
simpler, shorter and more consistent.

> It is easy to add the aria attributes to all the elements. It would not
> take more than 10 minutes to do it and rebuild.

Yes, I was hoping you could make those changes along with your other
aria-related edits.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Brian