Re: [css-masking] SVG related reference boxes beside background boxes

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the following I am referencing the clip-path property[1]. What ever we do, it affects the mask-* properties[2] as well.
>
> Currently clip-path uses the <shape-box> reference boxes (CSS backgrounds <box> + margin-box) which includes the keywords:
>
> content-box
> padding-box
> border-box
> margin-box
>
> Tav objected to redefine the meaning of the keywords to element in an SVG context and added that the viewport (often used as reference box for SVG resources) can not be addressed.
>
> Tav suggested adding two more keywords:
>
> 1) A keyword that represents the tight reference box including the stroke area + (styled) markers which some call 'stroke-bounding-box'

I'm okay with this.  Perhaps we can treat it as a synonym for
border-box when used in a CSS context?

> 2) A keyword that represents the viewport as reference box with the name ‘viewport’.

Hmm, it would be confusing that SVG's notion of "viewport" is
different than CSS's here.  In SVG it's something more like the ICB.

~TJ