Re: Removing SVG's dependencies on CSSValue

Hi, Tab-

On 5/30/13 2:01 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> There are a few places (all deprecated) where SVG2 still depends on
> CSSValue, a DOM Level 2 Style interface which is itself deprecated,
> and has been for many years.

These are likely simply artifacts left over from SVG 1.1.

> I'm planning to add UseCounters in Blink to these interfaces to see
> how much use there really is of them, but before I do, does anyone
> else have any reason to believe we should keep them?  Alternately,
> does anyone else have evidence that we can safely drop them?
>
> I plan to report back in a few weeks with the usage results, so we can
> hopefully simply drop them.

I suggest we just drop them. We don't want to perpetuate deprecated
features of other specs.

What is the alternative? Can you take the action to update the spec with
the better practice?

Regards-
-Doug