From: Cameron McCormack [mailto:cam@mcc.id.au]
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 10:05 PM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: behaviour of lengthAdjust="spacing" when glyphs are wider than the textLength=""

The normal behaviour of lengthAdjust="spacing" is either to increase or reduce the spacing between glyphs so that the left and right edges of the text line up with x and x+textLength.  When textLength="" is less than the normal width of the text, glyphs will begin to overlap.  What should the behaviour be when textLength="" is less than the width of the longest glyph in the text?

   <text font-size="24px" textLength="1">Wii</text>

Implementations differ.