Future plans for SVG Fonts and SVG (SMIL) Animation in browsers (Was: DOM4 not compatible with ACID3 tests)

In discussing possible updates to the Acid tests, Jonas (below) and Anne
brought up the issue of some SVG features that are currently tested by
Acid3, and whether we should continue to test them.

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Then there is of course the whole SVG Fonts thing. I'll defer to the SVG
> WG here, but mozilla's opinion on SVG fonts is pretty well known I
> assume?

I'm not closely involved in the SVG work. Can someone elaborate on the
status of SVG Fonts and SMIL animation in terms of future plans for
browser vendors? Are these features that are intended to be phased out?